Job Vacancy at Guthries Selkirk Depot
Part time General Asst/Relief Driver-Selkirk
Reports to: Business Development Manager
Context and Scope of Job
To fold garments and assist the embroidery manager, and provide relief cover for the showroom and van driver at Selkirk.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Checking incoming orders from suppliers against delivery
• Sorting garments into customer orders as per embroidery lines
• Folding garments post embroidery and batching into customers’ orders.
• Cover for the Business Development Manager’s breaks
• Assisting van driver in order picking and dispatch during busy periods
• Providing cover for van driver’s holidays etc, including:-
The timely and accurate delivery of products to customers of Guthrie Group and other locations throughout the Borders, Edinburgh and the Lothians.
As requested by the Business Development Manager, picking orders and liaising with warehouse staff at Livingston to ensure accurate and efficient fulfilment of customer orders.
Maintaining and conducting weekly stock checks of consignment stock at customers’ premises. Reporting back any problems or shortages and ensuring a high level of customer service.
Daily and weekly routine maintenance of company van, ensuring it is kept clean and tidy. Advising management immediately of any defects or repairs that may be required.
Understanding and observing all safety policies and procedures.
• Be presentable: wear uniform provided, including personal protection, equipment, and present a positive image of Guthrie Group Ltd to the wider community.
• Other general duties as required.
Part time General Assistant/Relief Driver-Selkirk
Qualifications and experience
• Clean current driving licence
Skills and Attributes
• Ability to be trained to operate computerised stock control system.
• Mature outlook, ability to use initiative and act in a responsible manner.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills: customer friendly
• Ability to carry out manual handling in a safe manner
• Neat and tidy appearance.